Regulation of the Minister of Trade No. 19 of 2022 on Provisions for Indonesia Originating Goods and Provisions for the Issuance of Certificate of Origin for Goods of Indonesia Originating Goods Based on the Preferential Trade Agreement among D-8 Member States
Enforcement Date: 29 April 2022
- Issued Certificates of Origin (Surat Keterangan Asal – “SKA”) and Rules of Origin of Indonesia (Ketentuan Asal Barang Indonesia – “KAB”) should be preferential in nature and should be based on the Preferential Trade Agreement Among D-8 Member States (“Preferential Trade Agreement”).
- In addition to complying with the various provisions set under this regulation, the above-mentioned preferential KAB and SKA for goods originating from Indonesia (“Indonesian Goods”) under the Preferential Trade Agreement must also comply with the following requirements: 1) Relevant laws and regulations relating to KAB; 2) Relevant laws and regulations on provisions and procedures for the issuance of SKA for Indonesian Goods; and 3) Relevant international agreements and/or memoranda of understanding.
- Products that are included under the Preferential Trade Agreement and that are imported and exported to and from D-8 member states are eligible to receive preferential treatment, provided that such goods fulfill various provisions that are set under this regulation and are shipped directly between said member states.
- Any goods which are shipped through transits that comprise one or more buffer states that are not members of the D-8, with or without any transshipment or temporary storage, must also meet various requirements in order to secure preferential treatment, including: 1) Transit entries must be justifiable and in line with geographical reasons or other transportation-related considerations; 2) Products must not yet have been traded or consumed within said buffer states; 3) Products must not yet have been subject to any processing within said buffer states aside from unloading and reloading or other processes required in order to maintain the relevant goods and products in a decent condition.
- More information on this regulation is provided in Hukumonline’s publication titled “Govt. Introduces Provisions on Rules and Certification of Goods Originating from Indonesia Based on the Preferential Trade Agreement Among D-8 Member States,” as accessible to Hukumonline’s subscribers. For more details on the subscription, please contact Hukumonline’s team at email@example.com.
*This section is provided in collaboration with HukumOnline